Wednesday, November 12, 2014

modifiers


 

1. The green car on the bridge is mines.

2.  Our plans were made because we accepted confusion.

3.  Our sweaters were taken off because we were hot.

4. I took my dog to the vet because he had fleas.

5. This afternoon, Larry told me, he was getting married tonight.

6. Correct

7.  While swimming in the sea, the current got stronger.

8. Correct

9. The Honda was out of oil, therefore, it was stalled.

10. In his desk was a black book of all the girls he has dated.

11. Entering the room, you can see the messages.

12. The sun was shining bright on the sunbathers at the park.

13. Mandy should jump.

14. The medicine, which was prescribed to him, is kept in the medicine cabinet.

15. My mom took me scuba diving as a baby.

 

Exercise number two

Mm

C

Mm

C

C

Mm

C

Mm

C

C

Mm

Mm

C

Mm

Mm

C

C

C

 

Exercise three

My head started to ache

Boat tipped over

My bags were searched

Driver’s license

Building a sand caste

 

Exercise four

C

Dm

Dm

C

Dm

1 comment:

  1. Lacey --

    Not bad, but you could still use a bit of work on modifiers. In #7, for example, it sounds as if the current was swimming because of the placement of the subject and the modifier. It would be good for you to review this concept further and do some exercises on chompchomp.com before the final.

    Thanks,

    Nick

    ReplyDelete